Monday, September 13, 2010

Behold! The Color Shruiken!




Provided, that it would be for ninjas with a great deal of "pride" I digress.  Its really a shiny color wheel. The coolest color wheel that I've ever done....


Why?...because it was INSANELY easy.  No mixing acrylic or gouache to get that precise hue of "slightly darker then exact Blue - Green". No trying to maintain perfect paintstrokes in tiny curved rectangles. No measuring out perfect circles with perfect 12 equal sections. None of it!


That and I really like the color coding system...its easy to understand and easy to remember individual colors. I didn't make one mistake in coding anywhere. Making the painful process of mixing colors by hand into a simple, universal number process was truly a revolutionary concept for me in that now I can see AND craft exact colors.


Truly GLORIOUS for someone coming from a painting background.





I can have  any color....any color..... (maniacal laughter)



It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the Bible, from the story of the Tower of Babel (if you've moved ME to quote scripture, you've done well)


GENESIS 11:6 - "And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."



Its how I feel about this...there are no limitations from craft. Its exact, its beautiful and its easy.

Makes me want to try digital painting :P

No comments:

Post a Comment