Monday, September 20, 2010

Ninja Type Looks Forward To Killing You Soon!


I knew I got the fun word!  When I did this project it was fairly straight forward, which had its definite pros and cons.  IT was good in that it didn't take any time at all to come up with a viable solution...but it was bad in that there was twelve hundred bazillion ways  to do this and most of them were pretty much exactly the same idea.  It became an emotional process (and a slightly geeky one) to see what would be the most stylish but elegant composition.  So of course I thought ninjas

Ninjas slice.....oh they slice....people.

But in almost every type of media I've seen them in, a perfect "ninjaey" slice is imperceptible until  a few seconds after its made...then the (body) part slice gently slides away and off.  Its all about the shifting.

So I made a big deal of the shift when I used a katana on my word. but something was a little off....and I figured it out with experimentation... I NEEDED the halves to be truly separate.

I needed this little guy!

Or "guys" rather...considering the monstrosity I created when I left the two attached. (shiver)
Overall I'm pleased with the work....although Marty pointed out the idea of left to right western reading style when she looked at which half I shifted.  Still proud of it though....I have brought my clan honor this day.

(The title is a parody on Askaninja and if you haven't seen it...you should.  I mention this because because I stole his catchphrase and I value my life.  Please don't murder me....)

No comments:

Post a Comment