Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Poster Ideas


This poster was clearly meant to be a bit depressing.  I thought of the blanket my sister carries around and the things she gets caught in it.  A book would slow her down a bit...as would illiteracy.  I decided to illustrate it and color it digitally with low opacity to create a water color effect.  Its very much a cool color grouped poster

I also chose to illustrate this one, but I modified it much more heavily using filters in Photoshop. The book is the training wheel...pretty self explanitory, which is what I was going for.  I tried to go a little clser to childrens illustration for this one, but gave it a very digital almost painterly touch


 The "true" digital poster, I decided to do a word search such as the ones I did in kindergarten.  I thought about circling the words, but my concern was that the looped ends would make the main phrase "TEACHMETOREAD" harder to read as a whole, disrupting the baseline, so I colored the text instead

No comments:

Post a Comment