Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Web and Type Layouts




This project was different for me in the sense that it was a project with many huge but easy to do changes.  We had to make many different compositions to start with and work down, which sounds like something that takes a lot of time and effort, when done entirely on the computer, it becomes almost too easy to make things.  I easily could of made ten times as many compositions with the time I had,  but our concern was quick refinement.

Peer review became critical in the process, with the constant critiques and evaluations giving me knowledge of how to improve legibility and appeal.  Our critique group in latter sessions went as far as to create a collaborative template sheet with me based on one of my already existing ideas.  Its other people who will read this...their opinions really mattered. 

After that it became easy to change, critiques are the only major drain on my time that I had.  The digital side of this project was blindingly fast. 

Overall I tried to convey feelings I had about the element Rhodium, mainly the idea of it being a jewelers metal and the class and refinement I felt from it.  Open space and breathing compositions became my major goal, maintaining that while Rhodium (information on the elements on the layouts if you need to know)  is a metal, its also capable of displaying very light characteristics. A balance of solidity and lightness had to be conveyed. I believe I have done this

No comments:

Post a Comment