Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Progress Report #5 Reading and Type

Viscom - When reading selections for class, I typically try to determine why exactly I would be required to read that particular text at that particular time.  In this case I saw it as a further clarification of parameters.  The definitions of line and shape and the discussions of the grid are somewhat flexible, but it served to remind me of what parameters to stay within... If I bend too many rules, it may technically be a line, but will be more akin to a planar shape.  The grid is also made out to be ironically freeing as a design tool.

With our project, Ericka and I generate large amounts of work each step and pull from them the best pieces for in-betweem deadlines.  It produces a very large amount of source materials to work from, which will save time when we don't have to produce entirely new material towards the deadline

Type - My compositions have turned out well (I believe).  I used a different method then described in the Type blog to produce the same results.  I don't think I've created any problems with this method, and it worked faster, but I'm quite sure it would be difficult to use with objects different from mine, as I saw with a few classmates that tried my magic wand method.  I'll probably have to explain myself in class.


 Color - I feel delightfully ahead with  my project: I have my photos cropped and they need virtually no editing...a tremendous stroke of luck.  All that's left is compiling a table of contents and adding that and the photos to my book. I'm very confident about having the time to work on it

No comments:

Post a Comment