Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Book Process and Goodbyes

(Insert Pictures here....having technical difficulties, will resolve soon)

With my book, Kacey and I found that the best way to put things together was to have the objects we used be our main category and then have the parts of those objects that we used (as marks) as the subcategory.

Our book-making process was bar none, the worse experience I've ever had in this dept.  It caused me great despair making mistake after mistake, even though both of us tried our damnedest.  I could no longer get angry anymore, I just feel deeper and deeper into depression.  We had to improvise a lot, just because we had already redone it so many times and run low on money.  It reminds me of all the reasons why I"m leaving this dept.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I must be clear....I have to get this off my chest.

I may be leaving...But I never gave up and never just blew things off to get them done.  I tried my best...and if it wasn't good enough...its because I'm not good enough, not that I didn't care.

Its been a fear of mine since I announced my departure that my teachers and classmates would believe that now I didn't care.  I never stopped, I still do.  Even when I tried not to care, I screwed that up too.

Its a matter of pride.

I would never allow myself to just blow off this dept., even if I got nothing from it.   But I got plenty from it.  My work is cleaner and more precise (even casually) then it has ever been.  I have a sense of precision even in thought that makes organizing more natural and less evil then before.  I am better for the experience

The hardest part is that I've made an enormous group of friends, that I am part of a UNIT with.  And despite the difficulties I've had here...the teachers and faculty are some of the finest I've ever had.

We're a true team, and it hurts me to leave them, but I must.

I will continue to maintain this blog (under the banner of an illustrator). and it will be more about LULZ and wont be as heavily updated, but it'll be here, if you ever want to keep track of me.

Later guys, I'll visit, I promise

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in Illustration Dylan. I'm glad you feel you learned a few things in your short time here - things that will help you in any department. Most of all it's important to follow your passion - enjoy your new path and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck Dylan! Knock em' out in Illustration!

    ReplyDelete