Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Past Process Critique


This is one dead end iteration that comes to mind.  It was a composition WAAAAAAAAY back to the dot book when I was trying to fit the word "passionate" into the book. It was my ineptitude with the abstract form that made me veto this composition AND the word. However, now that I look at it, I could rework this and make at least a passable iteration.

With this piece the main problem was that I kept inadvertently making forms that resembled literal things.  This made a writing passion I wanted, but i kept seeing this little monster with hairy armpits dancing (lol). As much as I actually like that, it sure didn't help me.  If I had kept the movement without the details or the touching of forms, it would be possible to keep the word.

(sigh)

I still like my hairy armpit monster

No comments:

Post a Comment