Thursday, December 2, 2010

Final Project,: Typography


For my final project, we were tasked with making a poster for the Reach Out and Read program and if we were members of AIGA we were encouraged to further refine and submit to a contest within AIGA.  I am not a member, so its a dead certainty that I wont be involved in the contest.
I was allowed to do ANYTHING but combine it with what we learned in our classes and make it typographically dominant.  I was pleased that I was allowed more freedom to do things like illustration, but I found myself getting nitpicky with the poster.  I finally have one I'm pleased with...but I could still tinker with it for a long time.  

I improved the color scheme significantly from last time and added the setting of the the hallway.  It was agreed that the last iteration was WAY too depressing and pressured the audience (mainly stressed parents).  So I tried to convey a sense of whimsy in the final piece. I also added digital (and therefore more legible type)

No comments:

Post a Comment