Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Semester Reflection

Goals?....that is an INTERESTING question.

Somethings should be pretty obvious when discussing them in this class: It's called VISUAL COMMUNICATION, we learn to COMMUNICATE VISUAL concepts in abstract forms in an aesthetically pleasing way. To do that we had to master various analog and digital techniques and provide a polished approach to craft.  All of it allows us to convey surprisingly complex ideas with simple shapes and forms.

For ME, it became all of that and an attempt to capture a sense of precision and perhaps cleanliness in my work and for the most part that has happened.  My abysmal craft due to incompetence with my tools has been greatly improved (admittedly I still need more practice).  "Nailing it"has become the key idea in my technique, less mistakes now,  more awesomeness later.  Its even applied to my causal sketchbook sketch: where once there was a whirling dervish of pencil marks and smudges that would be nigh impossible to fix, now theres page after page of cleanly lined and inked work.

No comments:

Post a Comment